A brief on how we rebuilt the grievance redressal app in less than 8 weeks!
Saajha.org is an NGO that is working with Delhi, Karnataka & Jharkhand Governments & bringing an impact in more than 1200+ schools. Their primary focus is to develop Parental Partnerships & build an engagement platform via School Management Committees.
To develop a mobile app & ERP Dashboard called Saajha Connect that helps to connect to parents via calls. The motto is to guide parents as per their core mission. The mobile app should enable Saajha agents to connect to parents through the app & fill out surveys based on the call. The ERP dashboard should be able to provide analytics, details about the surveys filled, call insights, form data insights & so on. All of these with data protection & privacy as a priority.
The very first thing we did was to understand how the existing app was built & does it support scaling & further development. With our initial review, we found that it’s best to drop what is built & start from scratch with the latest technologies. We made a promise of delivering a web & mobile app with the scope of work we agreed mutually in 6–10 weeks’ time & we kept our promise.
The process that we follow
- We start by asking “Why” — This helps in understanding the intent & final goal of the project. Helps us prioritize features, filter out features which are either overkill/ which doesn’t support the goals of the product.
- Document User Stories — The very next step is to document the flows well in a detailed manner which we call “Feature Requirement Specifications” which will lead the design activity.
- Design — Clarity drives quality. The design prototyping phase brings clarity to features described as user stories.
- Develop in sprints — Grouping features logically & developing them helps in doing quality checks & move faster towards the finish line.
Product’s Journey & Highlights
Here is a sneak peek into the product’s look and feel
Suggested: Expanded view of the video
Saajha Connect is now a mobile & web app that is built as per industry standards & not just that but it’s scalable too.
Technology Stack Used
- Mobile app – Hybrid app developed using Ionic
- Backend – Node with Express.js framework
- Database – PostgreSQL
- Frontend – ReactJS
The overall experience of building the product from scratch was very exciting & it couldn’t have happened without the co-operation we received from team Saajha.org.
Stay tuned with us for more such updates. You can also find more such case studies of our work in the social sector here